Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2007

No Result Yet...

...I'm not allowed to take my daily ibuprofen because it's a blood thinner...

I had a mammogram on Friday. They found a solid mass about 3 cm wide. It was weird looking, all rounded and lumpy. The Dr. said that based on my age and its shape, it's probably a granulomaluma (I don't remember the actual word, but that's close!). Which means it's probably just filled with a thick liquid, like blood or puss.
So, the deal is, that on Tuesday I go in again to have them do a needle biopsy just to be sure. They'll poke about 8 holes in my boob from different angles and if possible they'll suck some of that stuff out so they can have a look. He said that if that doesn't work, because it's too thick or solid they'll use a bigger needle..... which, by his description is HUGE. I'm not allowed to take my daily ibuprofen because it's a blood thinner... That's got to be a pretty big needle.
Ok, so I'm gone for now. TTYL

No comments: