Pages

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Tuesday



...through my windowand beat me like a red-headed step-child...



It's not horribly cold this morning. This is a good thing. On an average day I have on a jacket and a blanket to stay warm. Some days I even have on my coat too. If I had never said anything about this area being too hot, maybe I wouldn't be freezing all the time, but I had to open my mouth.

When I came back from my cancer vacation it was boiling hot in here for days. My neighbors said that it'd been like that for some time, but their complaints had fallen on deaf ears. I determined that I would get it fixed, because I couldn't take the heat. It was summer outside, and the heat would radiate through my window and beat me like a red-headed step-child.

So I called the powers-that-be and told them what was going on, and that the issue had been present for some time. I explained that my neighbors had complained but nothing was being done. It was explained to me that they'd heard none of it, and they weren't trying to ignore us, and they'd fix it right away.

They fixed it alright. They fixed it up good. They took me from the frying pan into the freezer, and left me there.





No comments: