Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Though, it's frustration.

...You can lead a horse to water, but you can'tmake him drink...

Wow. I say "though" alot. I was just reading my last post and I said it 3 times at least. I thought I might go back and remove some, or say what I had to say in a different way, but nah. What I wrote is what I wrote and I should just leave it.

It's 1:58 pm on my first whole day back at work. I just found out I won't be getting paid on the 15th, which is a bummer because now I probably won't be able to go to the Lane County Fair, which I was really looking forward to. Guess I'll just have to save up so I can go to Disney instead.


Oh! Yeah! And I also got my last tube out. I feel so much better! It wasn't infected, just irritated from having the tube in for so long. So no more icky pictures (at least till my next surgery! lol)


In other news




My littlest sister (Mary) is annoying me. She was living with my other sister, Lala, who is very demanding. She expects that Mary be there to babysit, and do all the housework all the time. Mary was feeling oppressed, so we talked to Lala about it and unfortunately Lala chose to kick her out. When she left the room, I told Mary that she still had a chance to change her mind, that she could tell Lala nevermind and that she was happy to babysit, etc...

I also stated that if she chose to leave it at that, she could store her stuff at Esther's for awhile till she can get a job. I told Mary that I would only help her with this and let her stay on my couch some, if she COMMITTED to job search 5 days a week for 6-8 hours a day till she gets a job.


Well so far, she's only looked for a job when I drove her around, and a little on Monday. It's driving me crazy because I don't want her to be homeless, and I want to help her, but I can only do so much. You know the old, "Lead a horse to water..." adage? I just wish she'd look up from whatever fantasy world she's living in and realize that she needs money to live, and needs a job for money. I don't like working for "the man" either, but I need the money to pay rent and stuff. (On a side note, I love the place I work. They've been so awesome through this whole cancer-thing.)


No comments: